Our current research topics within Intelligent & Autonomous Systems are:
- Social Human-Robot Interaction;
- Multimodal Perception & Sensor Fusion;
- Computer Vision & Applied Machine Learning;
- Robot Learning (imitation, (deep) reinforcement and probabilistic learning);
- Grasping & Dexterous Manipulation;
- Virtual & Augmented Reality;
- Mobile Robotics & (Social) Navigation;
- Smart Home & Assisted Living;
- Autonomous Vehicles (Perception & Learning);
- Cognitive Computational Models.
Applications towards Research Impacts
- Development of Intelligent Social Robotics for Ageing;
- Development of Child-Robot Interaction for robotherapy & robotutor;
- Development of Intelligent & Autonomous Systems to provide assistance to humans in a wide range of applications such as smart cities, smart homes, intelligent transportation systems, health care & well-being, entertainment, technology for educational therapy, surveillance, search & rescue, etc.
Read the results of our work as conference papers, journal articles, and book chapters.